To All Our Patients: What to Expect with Appointments, until further relaxation of social distancing.
Please read all the information below ahead of your appointment.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
We will ring you to confirm your appointment time the day before your appointment.
We will ask you the following questions:
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 7 days?
- Are you waiting for a COVID-19 test or the result?
- Do you have any of the following symptoms:
- a high temperature or fever
- a new, continuous cough
- loss of or change in taste or smell
If your appointment is for a treatment, your Dentist may also call you to explain any further any changes to our procedures.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT
Please attend your appointment ALONE
Exceptions will be given to parent/guardian or carer, however, the accompanying person will also need to answer the medical questions
Only 2 seats will be available for patients in the waiting area, and the 2 metre rule will apply
Please arrive approximately 5 minutes early for your appointment
Please bring minimal belongings with you
- The door to the practice will be locked
- There will be a door person regulating & monitoring patients coming into the practice
- Before entering the practice, the door person will re-check the medical questions and your temperature will be taken
- If your temperature is raised, we will ask you to reschedule your appointment
- You will be asked to wear a pair of clinical gloves & use hand sanitiser before and after signing our consent form
Please note that the patient toilets will be ‘out of use’
Please pay by card if possible
Problem Tooth Treatments:
If you are booked in for a problem tooth, it may be reviewed by the dentist who will discuss what treatment is required. Please be aware, we may not be able to perform all treatments on the same day.
This is because we may not be able to use aerosol generating procedures until further relaxation of guidelines occurs.
Hygienist appointments are available at which the hygienist will be hand scaling. A full scale and polish will still be provided.
This is because ultrasonic scaling is an aerosol generating procedure, which is strictly controlled for the present.
How you can help:
Please help us by attending for your appointment promptly. If you are no longer able to attend your appointment, please give us at least 24 hours notice. This allows us to offer your appointment slot to someone else.
We are restricted in the number of appointments we can offer, and there are many people who urgently require dental assistance for issues that have arisen during lockdown.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this period.